Thursday, April 15, 2010

Abraham Lincoln : Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith

I first heard of this book while listening to a speaker talk about the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library in Springfield, Illinois and my first thought was that sounds ridiculous! The author, Seth Grahame-Smith, claims that the idea came to him while he was in a bookstore, looking around at what people were reading. He noticed a display on Lincoln, and another on the Twilight series and the idea just clicked. He said it was his "chocolate and peanut butter" moment.

I have to admit I was skeptical when I first picked up the book. I've only read one other book that he had written, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and thought it was okay but not that great. I've enjoyed reading some of the vampire series that are available and I love historical fiction, so I thought I'd at least take this one home and look at it! I was really surprised that I really enjoyed this book! Grahame-Smith takes the things we know about Lincoln's life and introduces vampires in a totally believable way... if you believe in vampires that is! His stories and the use of photos in the book made me run to my computer and check to see what actually happened. I would recommend this book to any reader who likes to read horror and/or historical fiction.

1 comment:

  1. Very nicely reviewed! Made me want to read the book...or listen to it at least.

    ReplyDelete